Meet the Capital Area Chapter of PennAEYC
How long have you been on the board?
If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only have 1 item with you, what would it be?
If you could have lunch with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
What do you find most rewarding about being a part of this organization?
1. Since December 2014
2. Short and Sweet
4. Princess Diana
5. I like being able to network with colleagues, share my joy of working in the early childhood field, and being a part of a greater good. The conference we sponsor each year is very valuable to the field and I know many centers look forward to attending. I’m proud to brainstorm ideas with this wonderful group of people.
Vice President of Services
1. I joined the board in 2018
2. I Really Thought I Knew What I was Doing
3. A boat!
4. Robin Williams
5. That we are helping ECE professionals.
VP for Support
1. 4 years
2. P.S. Scorpion Lover
3. Satellite Phone
5. Spending time working with and meeting diverse people
1. 2 years on the board, with an additional 6 years working on various committees.
2. The Power of the Encouraging Word
3. A tank of drinking water – I have to have water wherever I am!
4. Joyce Meyer – she is a wonderful woman of God, whom I admire greatly.
5. I firmly believe in the value and effective support that we offer to all early childhood professionals through their participation in the various programs made available to them, as well as the community partnerships cultivated on behalf of children and their families. It is exciting to me to be participating once again in our mission to advocate for children, families, and ECE professionals in the field. The icing on the cake is being able to work alongside the wonderful ECE professionals and dedicated board members and committee chairs. There is no greater reward than working with committed professionals with a cause that we believe in - improving the early care and education of young children in PA.
Member At Large
1. I joined the board in 2019.
2. In Each Moment Be Present
3. Cell Phone
4. I don't know about this one. Meeting Jesus would be cool!
5. I love that I get to help other ECE professionals out with planning events, professional development, and support them in areas that they need.
Member At Large
1. I joined the board in February of 2021.
2. Living the dream; A How To by Mary Lauchle
4. Martin Luther King Jr.
5. Helping and encouraging ECE professionals.